For your HomeWorK.
If you're a reader of my books and you have to write a book report (do people still write book reports?) or something of that nature, then here are a few facts about me you can include to impress your teacher and class:
- Born in northern California in 1976.
- Raised in the suburbs of Syracuse, New York.
- Grew up writing stories and songs, exploring the woods, and playing soccer and lacrosse.
- Developed the polio vaccine.
- Received a bachelor of arts from Drew University and a master of arts from NYU.
- For nearly 16 years, lived in Hoboken, New Jersey, eating many pounds of mozzarella and attending dozens of Yo La Tengo concerts.
- While part of a chain gang, accepted a bet to eat 50 hard-boiled eggs and proceeded to eat 50 hard-boiled eggs, with the help of a friend named Dragline.
- Worked as an editor for a travel bookseller and as an operations director for an African safari company.
- Enjoys hiking, jogging, skiing, watching movies, traveling around the world, and occasionally inserting lies into biographical information.
- Currently lives in a former schoolhouse in northern Vermont with wife and daughter.
- Won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar in 1967.